Are you thinking about spring cleaning? If so, we’ve got lots of practical tips from Joni and Kitt of Practically Perfect. We chat about why organizing your home is not one size fits all, the first area you should organize in your home, and some ideas for handling all the paperwork that inevitably arrives. We also get into how to get your family on board – even your husband or partner! These ladies gave some actionable small steps that will help you get started immediately.
- Use the hashtag #shereaches to share with us how you’re reaching!
- How Joni and Kitt got started in professional organizing
- Why organizing your home is not one size fits all
- The first area you should organize or declutter in your home
- Some ideas on how to handle organizing paperwork
- What you can do to get your family on the same page in staying organized
- A different way to handle gifts for kids
- How to handle it if you and your partner are not on the same page with organizing
- What you can do in 15 minutes to get started
Joni and Kitt, close friends with undeniable professional synergy, co-founded Practically Perfect in 2014 with a mission to help clients achieve tranquility through functional and maintainable organizing systems.
Prior to the inception of Practically Perfect, Joni was an award-winning early childhood educator. She has always believed that there is a deep connection between an organized environment and productive, successful engagement. As a highly-regarded event planner in Washington, D.C., Kitt’s knack for organizing professionally was abundantly clear. Upon moving to Los Angeles, she recognized a personal need for organization in her life to counterbalance the burgeoning clutter that accompanies a growing family.
Joni and Kitt’s partnership harmoniously combines their distinct perspectives on organizing to produce innovative and unparalleled results. The Practically Perfect team is distinguished for using client-specific criteria, including attention to household functionality and design preferences, to ensure that solutions are both practical and perfect.
Joni and Kitt have three children each, and they dotingly co-parent the 7th baby in their lives – Practically Perfect, LLC.
Take a Small Step
- Try a one in, one out policy when bringing in new stuff into your home.
- Think about the space you first enter when you walk into your home. Can you identify one thing that would make that space more organized? Identify it and then do it!
- Take 15 minutes to go through your refrigerator or pantry and remove the items that are expired or spilling everywhere.
Tell us about it in the She Reaches Facebook group.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!