Do you think having a work/life balance is possible? In this episode, we’re talking about the concept of work/life balance and why we don’t think it’s something we should be striving for. We also talk about the steps you may need to take to feel better about your schedule and why it’s up to you to be proactive in designing your days in alignment with what’s important to you.
- Why we don’t believe in work/life balance
- Whether we’ve ever felt like things are in balance
- Setting boundaries to figure out how to fit things in your life
- The step you need to take before setting boundaries
- Why the onus is on you to have a flexible schedule
- What you may learn if you ask for what you want
- How managers can have an impact on employees and their families
Take a Small Step
- Set a boundary for how much work you’ll do once you leave the office.
- Consider asking for the flexible schedule you’d like to have.
- If you’re a manager, openly acknowledge that your employees have lives outside the office.
Tell us about it in the She Reaches Facebook group.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!