Do you like networking or does even the word make you nervous? Networking has an intimidating connotation and may make you have visions of cold networking events where you’re supposed to gather as many business cards as possible. Networking in real life though can be much different than that. We’re talking about how we feel about networking and what the purpose really is, how we prepare for conferences, and why you shouldn’t only think about networking when you’re in work settings. After all, it’s just about making connections with other people and we do that all the time!
- Don’t miss your free 30 day trial of Audible.
- The definition of networking and how we feel about the connotation of the word
- Is the purpose of networking to get something from the other person?
- How we prepare for conferences
- What you can do if you work from home or work with people in different office locations
- Creating a network of people while working from home on your own business
- Networking in non-business environments
- Becca’s idea about networking pick up lines
Take a Small Step
- Prepare ahead of time and know the purpose of attending your next event or conference before you go.
- Identify one new connection you’d like to make this week and go reach for it!
- Take a moment to think about how you’ve made connections in the past. How can you use your strengths to do more of that?
Tell us about it in the She Reaches Facebook group.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!