Do you consult your partner when making a career transition? We do too so why isn’t that mentioned in career articles more often? We’re talking about what has changed for us in making our career decisions now that we’re married with kids, why it’s important to have in depth discussions with your partner before making a change, and how to handle making compromises that may be best for your family as a whole. Becca is also revealing a big change she’s making this summer that she’s been keeping a secret!
- How career decisions have changed after being married and having kids
- Considering how certain decisions may affect your ability to be your best self for your family
- Making compromises based on what is best for the family as a whole
- Why you need to discuss career changes with your partner and consider the consequences
- Becca’s big shift happening this summer
Take a Small Step
- Before talking to your partner about a career change, consider what the consequences could be for you and them – good or bad.
- Schedule time to have a conversation that you may have been avoiding – with a friend, a colleague, your partner, anyone!
- Talk to your partner about if it makes sense to prioritize one person’s career over the other at this time.
Tell us about it in the She Reaches Facebook group.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!