How do you decide if you want to have kids and when? In this episode, we’re diving into some sensitive topics – whether we knew we always wanted kids, how we decided how long to wait until we had them, and the things we did to prepare for having kids. We’re also chatting about what you can prepare for financially and how much childcare actually costs. Finally, we dive into changing dynamics in marriage after kids and what you may want to discuss before having them.
- Whether we always knew we wanted to have kids
- How long we waited to have kids after getting married
- Things we did before we were ready to have kids
- How we have prepared for kids financially
- Other things we considered before having kids
- Changing dynamics in your marriage after kids
- The costs involved with kids – Tiffany reveals her childcare costs for the last 5 years!
Take a Small Step
- See if there is someone in your circle that can share with you how they plan and pay for their kids (aka their spreadsheet, if they are type A like us!).
- Craiglist is your friend. If you’re planning for a baby, don’t be afraid to buy things used.
- If you’re considering if you’re ready to have a baby, think about discussing some of the things we talked about with your partner.
Tell us about it in the She Reaches Facebook group.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!