Are you on board with minimalism? Do you even know what it is? In this episode, we’re talking about the definition of minimalism and how we’ve applied the concepts to our lives and homes. We’re also talking about decluttering and the mental gymnastics you have to do in order to get rid of things sometimes. We know we should let go, but sometimes it’s hard! We dive into how to declutter for kids and why it’s good for their well being as well as contemplating having less dishes so there are less to clean! We hope this episode gives you food for thought on how to actually apply the concepts of minimalism to your everyday life without feeling like you have to get rid of everything you own.
- Why we don’t like the term minimalism, but do like some of the related concepts
- What we’ve done to declutter recently
- The reasons we struggle with keeping things we probably shouldn’t
- Limiting choices by having a style uniform
- Reducing toys for kids for less stress and calmer kids
- Considering limiting dishes by having less
Take a Small Step
- Do you save things in your closet for “that perfect occasion” or “for painting”? Consider donating them to a good cause!
- Pick a room or a specific area in your house that tends to drive you a bit insane. See if you can go through the items and de-clutter.
- Do a trial period for an area you want to declutter, but are nervous about getting rid of things.
Tell us about it in the She Reaches Facebook group.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!