How do you feel about the labels you use to define yourself? Are there even any that seem to fit? In this episode, we’re talking about how it feels to be labeled and what happens when you don’t quite fit into any labels. Tiffany has been struggling with this since leaving her job and some choices she’s made for the summer have made that even more difficult. We chat about why we sometimes default to feeling like our job describes who we are and why that is not actually our identity. We also give some thought about allowing for growth among people around us and letting their “labels” shift along with that.
- Tiffany shares the struggle she’s had since leaving her corporate job
- Why we want to label other people even while not wanting that for ourselves
- The difficulty when you don’t fit into a specific box or label
- How we use our work titles as our identities when they don’t describe who we actually are
- Feeling the need to justify yourself to other people
- Why we need to give other people the room to grow and change without applying a label
Take a Small Step
- Keep an open mind when you’re friend or family member is talking about a change their making. How can you support them?
- Reach for a different label this week – if you always do this thing at this time, try to change it up!
- Give yourself grace if there is no label that fits you and it feels hard to explain.
Tell us about it in the She Reaches Facebook group.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!