In this episode, we’re talking to Dani DiPirro, an author, blogger, and designer. She’s also the founder of PositivelyPresent.com. We’re chatting with Dani about self-love, tips in personalizing self-love for yourself, and how to live a positive life when that isn’t your default setting.
- Dani’s background and how she started blogging
- The difference between happiness and positivity and why it matters
- Why Dani puts effort into making the most of things regardless of her default perspective
- Dani’s year of self-love and why it’s a foundation for being positive and present
- How self-love is different than self-care
- Being aware of how you’re feeling and what that can tell you
- Counteracting necessary negative situations with positive ones
- How Dani is shifting her eating habits as part of self-love
- The book Dani is writing to tackle self-love
Dani DiPirro is an author, blogger, and designer living in a suburb of Washington, DC. In 2009, she launched PositivelyPresent.com as a way to share her personal experiences and insights on positivity, awareness, and self-love — things that didn’t always come easy to her!
Dani is the author of Stay Positive, The Positively Present Guide to Life, the Effortless Inspiration series, and a variety of e-books. She is also the founder of Twenty3, a design studio focused on positive products and inspired illustration.
Find Dani on social media: Pinterest Facebook Twitter Instagram
Pop #035: Creating Meaningful Friendships & How to Have Friends with Different Political Views with Shasta Nelson
Take a Small Step
- Pay attention to how you feel. For example, after spending time with someone.
- Can you counter something negative with something positive like taking a walk after a difficult meeting with a coworker?
- Are you telling yourself you’re a certain type of person? Could it be time to change that?
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to automatically get new episodes!