Guys, I am obsessed with podcasts! You probably already know that from the mentions in Loving Lately of different podcasts I’ve discovered. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve told friends and family that they HAVE to check a podcast out. So, I’m putting them altogether here in a handy dandy list.
First, how and when do I listen to podcasts? I use the Podcasts app on my iPhone to search and subscribe to podcasts. It is now a default app on new iPhones so you should have it if you have a newer phone. I haven’t used it personally, but the Stitcher app is also a popular way to keep track of your favorite podcasts.
When do I listen to podcasts? Let me count the ways! I listen while I’m getting ready for work in the mornings, driving in the car, cooking dinner, and even folding laundry. I love being able to be inspired or entertained while doing all of these activities. I usually alternate between podcasts and listening to music on Spotify.
Before I get to my favorites, I wanted to note that there are so many podcasts out there on all kinds of topics from comedy, science, news, sports, etc. You’ll see that I mainly focus on the self-help, business, or “society & culture” type of podcasts.
Let’s get to it! These are my current favorite podcasts:
– The Lively Show. I heart Jess Lively and I feel like she’s been with me in some tough times. Her podcast includes thoughtful interviews that focus on living your best life and being intentional.
– Creating Your Own Path: An Examination of Life, Creativity, and Business with Jennifer Snyder. She interviews creative entrepreneurs and their journeys in creating their own path with their life and work.
– Good Life Project. Jonathan Fields talks to people from all different industries and walks of life about their area of expertise and their thoughts on what makes a good life.
– One Part Podcast. Jessica Murnane of the One Part Plant blog interviews people about their journeys. This one has a skew towards food which I love!
– The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Lewis is a former pro althlete who now has his own business including this podcast where he interviews successful people about what makes them great.
– The Joy the Baker Podcast. While this one is headlined in the title by Joy the Baker (who I’ve been following since 2009 I think!), it is actually a chatty conversation between Joy and Tracy from Shutterbean about a bunch of random things. I adore both of them and their blogs so this one is fun to listen to!
– The Smart Passive Income Podcast. Pat Flynn has created what seems like an empire of online business. His whole idea about getting the most bang for your buck (really meaning your time/effort) in order to have time for your family really resonates with me and many others!
I’m always trying out new podcasts so PLEASE share what you’re loving if you’re into podcasts too!