In this podcast, we’re talking to Sarah Zero, co-founder and creative director of Wellstruck. We’ve been working with Sarah on our rebrand and she was so fantastic that we knew we had to have her on the show! We’re covering the journey she took that got her to owning her own business – from corporate job to smaller agency to teaching to freelancing to having a business partner. Sarah also gives some great insight on not being the person who always says yes, keeping boundaries between your work life and personal life, and how asking for what you want can lead to great surprises.
- Enrollment for the She Reaches Collective closes on February 24th. Join us!
- Sarah’s start at a corporate company and the shifts she took after that.
- A serendipitous coffee date that led to her next job.
- Teaching at a design school and how that changed her outlook on herself and her career.
- Why corporate life wasn’t for her.
- How she maintains her schedule that allows for time for work and her personal life.
- Setting boundaries with her clients on email and timelines.
- The one brave thing Sarah did that convinced us to hire her.
- Why it’s important to not just say yes.
- How Sarah met her business partner and the unexpected way they ended up in business together.
- The women’s group that they started (Lady Boss).
- Why having an agenda at a networking event can be more effective.
- Sarah’s awesome work on our branding will be unveiled March 13th!
BACKGROUND ON SARAH ZERO
Sarah Zero is the co-founder and creative director of Wellstruck, a branding company. Wellstruck uses strategy and design to help ambitious entrepreneurs build purposeful brands (like She Reaches!) that resonate with the people who’ll benefit from them. Before launching Wellstruck, Sarah became an expert in the brand industry through her 10+ years of experience in both corporate and non-profit worlds — including two years of teaching Visual Communications at the Delaware College of Art and Design. She also co-owns a wedding planning business called Heart & Dash. She lives in Delaware with her husband and pup.
She Reaches Collective
Pop and Banter has a new name!
Sarah’s headshot by Cheyenne Gil
Sarah’s Websites: Wellstruck.com or HeartAndDash.com
Sarah’s Instagram: @HeySarahZero (personal) @Wellstruck (business) @HeartAndDash (business)
TAKE IT OFFLINE
- Think about how you might be able to set boundaries on sending emails.
- If there’s something that you’re secretly hoping for, ask! You might be surprised by the answer.
- Sarah’s path wasn’t straight but she kept trying things that were aligned with her passion for design. What is one small step you can take today that is aligned with your passion?
Tell us about it in the comments below!
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes!
LISTEN TO THE SHOW